Jam and Pecan Cookies
Here is a delicious combination of shortbread with a luscious jam and toasted pecans. They are easy to make. You could involve these little gems too with Nutella and hazelnuts or even with dulce de leche and toasted almonds, but you know what, don’t omit the toasted pecans, they added such a nutty flavor!
I am a firm believer that cookies and cakes are not only for occasions - they are the perfect accompaniment to your afternoon tea. Enjoy!
Make sure that your cookies have completely cooled down before transfering them to an airtight container.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 227g/ 8oz. cold butter, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- A drop of almond extract
- 1 cup apricot jam
- A handful of pecans
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Place a rack in the center of the oven.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, powdered sugar, egg and diced butter. Rub the mixture with the tip of your hands.
- When the mixture starts coming together, knead it lightly with your hands to form a ball.
- Place the dough in a large plastic bag and lightly flatten it with a rolling pin to a thickness of 2.5 cm/1 inch.
- Tear off the plastic bag and cut the dough with a round cookie cutter or a glass.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (most probably you need to line more than one baking sheet). Transfer the cookies to the lined cookie sheet leaving 2.5cm/1 inch of space in between.
- Bake until the cookies put on a very pale creamy color. They should not turn golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down.
- Meanwhile, toast the pecans in the oven, bringing out their earthy flavor. Set aside to cool down. Roughly crush with a sharp knife.
- Spoon ½ teaspoon of jam on each cookie, spreading it evenly almost covering the surface. Sprinkle some pecans on top. Enjoy.
You might also enjoy our Chocolate Pistachio Cookies with Chocolate and Walnuts or Almond Cookies Dipped in Chocolate
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to subscibe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don't use photos without prior written permission.