Eggless Strawberry Mousse
Sometimes we need to make a dessert without spending the entire day in the kitchen, right? I like these easy peasy recipes, especially when entertaining and pushed for time, they make a great finale for any dinner. Take the stress out, make it a day ahead!
The mousse is made of fresh strawberries to keep the dessert fresh and fruity. The other ingredients are heavy cream, powdered sugar and lemon juice! Add a drop of strawberry essence ( strawberry extract) for a more vivid taste!
No eggs and gelatin are required. The mousse is firm enough to hold its shape when refrigerated, but as it comes to room temperature it develops that soft pillowy texture – so serve it just right from the fridge. Happy Eating!!
The mousse can also be used as a filling for cakes!
For best results, use ripe strawberries.
Now that strawberries are in season, try this easy peasy strawberry mousse! Everyone loved it and it so easy to whip together.
- 600 g./ 21 oz. fresh fully ripe strawberries, hulled, washed and drained
- 300 ml/ 11/4 cups heavy cream
- 7 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- A drop of strawberry essence, (strawberry extract), optional
- Strawberry jam
- A couple of strawberries
- Leave the heavy cream at least 4 hours in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
- Transfer the heavy cream to a mixing bowl. Increase the speed to high and begin whipping, you will notice the cream will become frothy, continue to whip until firm peaks form. Refrigerate immediately.
- Puree the strawberries in a food processor or an immersion blender. Transfer to a saucepan, add the sugar and lemon juice. Cook over low medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture is reduced to 2/3 cup. Add strawberry essence, if used. Set aside to completely cool down. Fold into the whipped cream and stir gently to homogenize the mixture.
- Transfer to small ramekins and refrigerate immediately for a minimum of 4 hours. Garnish with strawberry jam and strawberries. Enjoy!!
Sometimes simple is best!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to subscibe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don't use photos without prior written permission.